Ian Russell's Go-To Rig
The Line Aligner is an iconic setup that works brilliantly for bottom baits, wafters or pop-ups. It's been Ian Russell's 'go-to' rig for decades and he's caught more big fish on it than anybody can remember! It's now even easier to tie thanks to our lovely little Line Aligner Kickers. Add a super sharp LSK hook and job's a good 'un. See the components you need below, click the links to see the products:
1. Tie a small loop knot in the end of the Captive Braid to mount the bait
2. Mount your chosen Boilie on the loop and secure with a Boilie stop, Corn Stop or Sight Stop.
3. Tie a Rig ring onto the Captive Braid around half an inch above the bait.
4. Use a Knotless Knot to tie your hook to the Captive Braid
5. Slide a Line Aligner Rig Kicker over the eye of the hook. How simple is that?
6. Slide an Anti Tangle Sleeve onto the rig and tie a figure of eight loop knot in the end to finish the rig. You can keep these on your rig board and quick change them on and off a Quick Change Swivel or Speed Link every time you need one.
One of literally hundreds of big fish caught on this Longshank Line Aligner setup by Ian Russell. Give it a try!