Pin Down unleaded leader is a strong, fast sinking material that follows every contour on the lake bed. Here's how Team Avid splice it...
Pin Down unleaded leader is a strong, fast sinking material that follows every contour on the lake bed. Unlike leadcore and other materials, it has no wire running through its core, making it a fantastic option for a whole host of modern day leader presentations. Here's how Team Avid splice it...
01. First up you will obviously need some Pin Down unleaded leader material. It's available in weed/silt or gravel/clay colours and 45lb or 65lb breaking strain.
02. carefully push a splicing needle through the centre of the material like this.
03. Close the gate on the end of the splicing needle, ensuring you trap the end of the Pin Down material.
04. Carefully pull the tag end of the Pin Down through the centre of the core.
05. Form a small loop in the end of the material like so.
06. Finally blob the tag end of the material with a bit of glue, or alternatively use a lighter.
With a loop formed in either end of your leader you can now attach your desired lead arrangement. To attach the leader to you main line, simply tie to the line to the loop using a grinner knot.